Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages
Runs various ESP courses:
English for Specific Purposes;
English for General Academic Purposes:
English for academic mobility
English for media literacy;
English for Academic Purposes etc.
Postgraduate Certificate in Trainer Development (English Language Teaching) awarded by the Senate of the University of Exeter on 3 October 2005;
Diploma in English Language and Literature from 1 July 1982, qualifications: Linguist,
Teacher, Translator/ Interpreter awarded by Dnipropetrovsk State University, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
· 2004 – 2005 – University of Exeter, UK - Postgraduate Certificate Course in
Trainer Development (ELT) – 2 modules: Skills for Teacher Education, Strategies for Teacher Education;
· 1977 - 1982 – Dnipropetrovsk State University, Philological Department,
Specialism area: English and English literature, Qualification: Linguist, Teacher, Translator/ Interpreter.
Additional Education and CPD courses
· 2011 – 30-hour E-moderator Essentials, TeachingEnglish, British Council;
· 2006 - Intensive Introductory Course in the Principles and Practice of Language Testing, Defense Language Solutions, UK & the British Council Ukraine;
· 2003 - 2004 - Curriculum Development for English for Specific Purposes Courses, the College of St Mark & St John, Plymouth, Great Britain;
· 1998 – 1999 Business English Teacher Training Course, the British Council Ukraine and York Associates, UK;
· 1987 – Higher State Courses of Continuing Professional Development for Managers, Engineers and Researchers on Patent Law and Inventions, Moscow.
EFL teacher: 30 years - from November 1993 till now – Dnipro University of Technology (former State Higher Educational Institution “National Mining University”), Dnipro - language instructor, senior teacher, associate professor at Foreign Languages Department. To be effective in teaching I^
· design syllabuses and materials, including university standards and course-books both for ESP and EAP courses delivered. Some of them are approved and recommended to be used all over Ukraine by the Ministry of Education of Ukraine;
· constantly does action research in the classroom and at the university level, assessment and evaluation both of students and teachers to find the ways how to enhance quality;
· responsible for CPD of departmental FL teachers and
· have experience in organizing EFL teachers’ and Students’ conferences at different levels and editing their Proceedings etc.
Teacher/trainer trainer: since 2004 till now – Summer Schools for EFL teacher/ trainer trainers, presentations and teacher training workshops at the university and local levels, including both National and International Conferences held in Ukraine, online courses< webinars etc.
EModerator: 2011 - 2016 - experience in e-moderating CPD courses on TeachingEnglish platform:
· TKT Essentials for EFL teachers, Module 1, Module 2 & 3; L
· Steps to Success with Portfolio (STSP);
· 40-hour ESP Course “IT Course”, Module 3 and Module 4, available at learningenglish.com.
ZNO Senior examiner since 2015 at Dnipropetrovsk Regional Centre od Quality Assurance.
Latest CPD COURSES
24 – 25 October 2019 – a 16-hour facilitator course within the framework of developing Regional Learning Communities project by IATEFL-Ukraine and British Council Ukraine;
21 -23 August 2019 - America House in Kyiv, IREX in Ukraine 16 -hour course of teacher training and 7 hours of facilitation blended learning for the five-week course “Very Verified: A Course for Media Literacy”, starting on September 24, 2019;
25 – 27 June 2019 - 2019 Odessa TESOL-Ukraine National Teacher Development Institute “Critical Thinking for Media Literacy (20 academic hours), Reg. No. 25-27.06.19-02
March- April 2019 – training for quality assurance experts in higher education, Dnipro, Dnipro University of Technology;
27 February – 01 March 2019 - Workshop “Academic Writing with Integrity Best Practices for Success” (20 academic hours), organized by American Councils within SAIUP Project , delivered by Robert A. Cote, Director of Writing Skills Improvement Program (WSIP), University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA;
2 April – 25 May 2018 - A beginner’s and intermediate guide(s) to writing in English for university study by University of Reading at FutureLearn
01 – 05 February 2016 – 35 – hour ESP Course Module Design Training organized within the framework of the British Council English for Universities project;
03 October – November 2016 – Accreditation and Curriculum Design Training within framework of Fulbright Specialist program, delivered by professor Dr Stacy L. Hutchinson, Kansas State University, College of Engineering, USA, Dnipropetrovsk, National Mining University;
01 – 06 December 2015 – 35 – hour EAP Teacher Development course at the Teacher Development School organized within the framework of the English for University project:
2012 – Online course in Introduction to the Learning Process for Teachers and Trainers. Provided by ALISON (Advance Learning Interactive Systems Online). Available at: Alison.com - ALISON Certificate PinCode : enV5
Iryna Zuyenok is a team-member and participant of different educational projects, initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and supported by the British Council Ukraine:
since November 2019 – Regional Learning Communities project (with IATEFL-Ukraine);
2015 - 2018 English for Universities;
2004 – 2005 National Trainer Development Scheme
2003 – 2005 National ESP Curriculum for Ukrainian Universities
1998 – 1999 Business English;
2019 – IREX in Ukraine Project Learn to Discern (L2D) Media Literacy Training, facilitating a blended course at EdEra “Very verified: A Course for Media Literacy” (October – November);
2019 – SAIUP’s Project “Academic Writing Integrity” (February -March)”
She is an IATEFL, TESOL, IATET and BESig member, the C-Group-member etc.
Educational interests: Innovations in EFL/ EAP/ ESP/BE Teaching/Learning; Assessment and Evaluation; Media Literacy, Teacher Training and CPD.
Iryna Zuyenok is a co-author of English for Specific Purposes (ESP) National Curriculum for Universities (2005) and English for Study and Work (an ESP Coursebook for mining engineers), Models and methods of making decisions: a coursebook recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Her experience is reflected in nearly 40 works published (Curriculum, Programs and Syllabuses are included).
For detail see:
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0130-3284
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.ua/citations?user=lL7KkL4AAAAJ&hl=ru