Professor, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages, NMU
Graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk State University, Philological Department and got a Diploma with Honors in 1976.
Specialism area: English Language and Literature.
Since 1976 has been working at the Department of Foreign Languages, National Mining University, Dnipropetrovsk as an English language instructor, senior teacher, associate professor.
Since 1997 - Head of the Department of Foreign Languages, professor.
A participant of different projects initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and supported by the British Council Ukraine and the American Council for Collaboration in Education and Language Study:
- 24 – 25 October 2019 – a 16-hour facilitator course within the framework of developing Regional Learning Communities project by IATEFL-Ukraine and British Council Ukraine.
- 23 September - 23 October 2019 - 7 hours of the five-week blended learning course “Very Verified: A Course for Media Literacy”, IREX in Ukraine
- 01 – 05 February 2016 – 35 – hour ESP Course Module Design Training organized within the framework of the British Council English for Universities project.
- 03 October – November 2016 – Accreditation and Curriculum Design Training within framework of Fulbright Specialist program, delivered by professor Dr Stacy L. Hutchinson, Kansas State University, College of Engineering, USA, Dnipropetrovsk, National Mining University
- 2006 - Intensive Introductory Course in the Principles and Practice of Language Testing run by the British Council Ukraine and Defense Language Solutions, UK
- 2003 – 2005 - National ESP Curriculum for Ukrainian Universities guided by Head of the Methodology Department of Kyyiv State Linguistic University, professor Sofia Nikolayeva, and Rod Bolitho and Mike Scholey from the School of International education of the College of St Mark & St John, Plymouth, Great Britain;
- 1999 – Business English Trainer Training Course organised by the British Council Ukraine and taught by York Associates;
- 1998 – 1999 - Business English Teacher Training Course run by York Associates, UK;
- 1991 – Summer English Language Program - a two-month course for the English language teachers under the auspices of ACTR/ACCELS at John Hopkins University, Washington, DC, USA.
since November 2019 – Regional Learning Communities project (with IATEFL-Ukraine);
2015 - 2018 English for Universities;
2004 – 2005 National Trainer Development Scheme
2003 – 2005 National ESP Curriculum for Ukrainian Universities
Svitlana Kostrytska is a participant of numerous international conferences and workshops organized by the British Council, IATEFL, TESOL, Macmillan Publishers Ltd, Pearson ELT, Oxford University Press, MM Publications, Cambridge University Press ELT, EU Tempus PROSET etc including The 37th Annual International Convention of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages Inc. “Hearing Every Voice”, Baltimore, USA, March 2003 and The British Council Universities Forum, Istanbul, Turkey, February 2013.
A co-author of “English for Specific Purposes (ESP) National Curriculum for Universities” (2005) and “English for Study and Work”, an ESP coursebook for mining engineers (2010) recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Courses taught: English for Specific Purposes, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, English for post-graduate students etc.
S.I. Kostrytska is a Director of the Linguistic Centre of the National Mining University (since 1998) where she teaches General English (Advanced level), Business English, Public Speaking, and Preparation for International Exams (TOEFL, IELTS).